Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, World Telemedia Ltd, World Telemedia and Telemedia Online.
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Processing of your personal data
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Personal information must be fairly and lawfully processed
- Personal information must be processed for limited purposes
- Personal information must be adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Personal information must be accurate and up to date
- Personal information must not be kept for longer than is necessary
- Personal information must be processed in line with the data subjects’ rights
- Personal information must be secure
- Personal information must not be transferred to other countries without adequate protection
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO (www.ico.org.uk) if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with
This might be your e-mail address, name, billing address, Business Address, Telephone number, Mobile Number – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
How we use your personal data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- Provide our services to you. This includes for example registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you and notifying you of changes to any services.
- Enhance your customer experience.
- Fulfil an obligation under law or contract.
We use the following lawful bases in order to process your personal data:
You explicitly give your consent to a specific kind of processing of your personal.
With your consent we process your personal data:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers
You can unsubscribe or manage your personal information at any time through an online system, which you will find links to in any subscription confirmation email or marketing message we sent to you since.
We will continue to process your information until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
Your personal data under the consent lawful basis is not shared with any third parties.
The processing of the personal data is required to fulfil a contract.
On the basis of contractual necessity, we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to identify you
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product
- supplying you with a quote or estimate
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing
The processing of the personal data is a legitimate, expected behaviour of a business.
On the basis of legitimate interest we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalized offers
- to administer and analyse our client base (business activities, purchasing behaviour and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or same to your purchasing history/browsing behaviour to be our legitimate interest.
The processing of the personal data is required for legal reasons (e.g., a VAT or Tax ID).
On the basis of legal obligation we process your personal data on the basis in order to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law.
We reserve the right to anonymise personal data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law.
We might process your personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further processing
- the further processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for processing
We will inform you of any further processing and purposes.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies we use
Data security and protection
We do our best to keep your personal data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Transparent Privacy Explanations
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.
Data shared with other parties
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processor we work with is:
- Stripe: Their policies can be viewed at https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
During a period leading up to and over each event, we provide a networking tool, where we use data obtained from registrations: name, company, job title, business type / activities and anonymised email address to publish this information to all other registered participants. This data is secured for access to logged in users only and is removed after the event.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal data” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time. See any marketing messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences.
Our EMS provider is MailChimp. We hold the following information about you within our EMS system;
- Email address
- Subscription time & date
- Job Title, Company Name, Country of Business
Last modification was made 1st January 2020